The big custom-rig winners at the MATS PKY Championship
Six owners and their trucks came out on top after winning Best of Show at the Paul K. Young Truck Beauty Championship at the Mid-America Trucking Show in March. A total of 58 prizes were awarded in 30 categories during the show. The full list of winners can be viewed here.
The six Best of Show winners were:
- Tyler Van Der Zwaag, 1995 Peterbilt 379 – Working Bobtail
- Jimmy Ganski, 2014 Peterbilt 389/2021 Great Dane – Work Combo (note image at top of post)
- Chad Foss, 2020 Peterbilt 389 – Mileage Limited Bobtail with Miles
- Josh Burch, 1999 Peterbilt 379 – Limited Mileage Bobtail with no miles
- Don Wood, 2003 Peterbilt 379/2021 Mac Tray – Limited Mileage Combo
- Chad Sand, 2005 Peterbilt 379/2018 Mac End Dump – Limited Mileage Dump
Additionally, the 2012 Peterbilt 389 and Todd Gribble’s 2014 Pneumatic Mac were named People’s Choice Best of Show.
Six other “Best of” winners were also named in the limited mileage category for Interior, Engine, Bobtail Paint/Graphics, Combination Paint/Graphics, Bobtail Headlights with Miles, and Combination Headlights.
Awards were also given in a number of non-Best-of-Show categories, including New Truck Bobtail and Combo; First Bobtail and Combo show; Antique; Work truck engine, lights and paint and more.