City DC’s budget meeting takes place Tuesday night online

In addition to discussing specific and more Dawson Creek Town-related items tonight – a handful of other matters are also scheduled for a chinwag.

In addition to discussing specific and more Dawson Creek Town-related items tonight – a handful of other matters are also scheduled for a chinwag.

A request from Gloria Cleve, Administrative Assistant, South Peace Building Learning Together (BLT) Society for financial assistance for the creation of a Dawson Creek Childcare Action Plan is on the agenda.

Additionally, transit budgeting concerns in 22/23 feature Raistlin Van Sponson’s city budget, as well as Kole Casey’s concerns about a 4.5% tax increase, as well as a proposed salary increase and vehicle allowance for CAO Blair Lekstrom.

City Council notes that it has continued work on four key strategic priorities for 2022 to deliver on the vision of a strong financial future. These include –

Peace River Agreement – Achieving a 70/30 split of the Peace River agreement with 70% allocated to capital investment and the remaining 30% allocated to operations, including debt service. The goal is to achieve this by 2030.

Tourism – explore the possibilities of a new model for financing and delivering tourism.

Regional Airport Authority – explore opportunities to transform existing operations into a regional model.

Asset Management Plan – develop and implement an Asset Management Plan for the Town of Dawson Creek that will ensure the future sustainability of the Town’s assets.

The meeting will go live at 7 p.m. Tuesday evening.

editor@dcdn.ca


Source link

Comments are closed.