Chase Details New 5% Freedom Categories for Q1 2022
Chase Freedom and Chase Freedom Flex cardholders can now activate their 5% category bonus for the first quarter of 2022. Upon activation, they will receive 5% cash back on up to $ 1,500 spent in combined purchases on eBay and in grocery stores until the end. Of March.
Key points to remember
- Chase announced their 5% Freedom bonus categories from January to March 2022.
- Freedom or Freedom Flex cardholders can earn 5% cash back on combined spend of up to $ 1,500 on eBay and grocery store purchases, for a total of $ 75 in rewards.
- In order to earn the accelerated reward rate, cardholders must activate the bonus before March 14, 2021.
How to take advantage of the Chase Freedom Quarterly Bonuses
Chase Freedom and Chase Freedom Flex cards offer 5% cash back on rotating categories quarterly. To earn 5% cashback on eBay and grocery shopping in Q1 2022, you will need to activate the bonus before March 14, 2022.
There are four ways to activate:
- Reply to the email you should have received from Chase
- Log in to your account online or via the bank’s mobile application
- Call customer service
- Visit a local Chase branch
As long as you activate by the March 14 deadline, you will receive credit for all of your qualifying purchases during the quarter.
To maximize this quarter’s bonus categories, take the time to compare prices when shopping online with the same items found on eBay.
Also, for the grocery store category, it’s important to note that not all retailers that sell groceries are eligible. Specifically, Chase defines grocery stores as “supermarkets, merchants that carry a full line of groceries, including a deli and bakery as well as smaller grocery stores.”
Big box stores like Target and Walmart, as well as wholesale clubs like Sam’s Club and Costco, do not fall under this definition. The umbrella also does not cover pharmacies, gas stations operated by merchants that also have grocery stores, or grocery delivery services, unless the merchant has configured the service to be classified in the grocery store category.